By Joachim Biskup, Jens Seiler, Torben Weibert (auth.), Ehud Gudes, Jaideep Vaidya (eds.)
This e-book constitutes the refereed complaints of the 23nd Annual IFIP WG 11.3 operating convention on facts and purposes protection held in Montreal, Canada, in July 2009.
The 18 revised complete papers and four brief papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from forty seven submissions. The papers are geared up in topical sections on database protection; safety regulations; privateness; intrusion detection and protocols; and relied on computing.
Read or Download Data and Applications Security XXIII: 23rd Annual IFIP WG 11.3 Working Conference, Montreal, Canada, July 12-15, 2009. Proceedings PDF
Best security books
Given that 1984, the quarterly journal 2600 has supplied interesting articles for readers who're considering know-how. locate the simplest of the magazine's writing within the better of 2600: A Hacker Odyssey, a suite of the most powerful, best, and infrequently so much arguable articles masking 24 years of alterations in know-how, all from a hacker's point of view.
Revenues of instant LANs to domestic clients and small companies will leap this yr, with items utilizing IEEE 802. eleven (Wi-Fi) know-how major the way in which, based on a document through Cahners learn. all over the world, shoppers will purchase 7. three million instant LAN nodes--which comprise purchaser and community hub devices--up from approximately four million final yr.
This e-book is an in depth exam of no matter if family safety features are outstanding a suitable stability among native land defense and civil liberties within the post-9/11 period. Professor Paul Wilkinson and the opposite individuals examine the character of united kingdom responses to terrorism by means of key public and private-sector our bodies, highlighting how those enterprises can hinder, pre-empt, counter and deal with terrorist assaults by utilizing a matrix of things comparable to forms of terrorist networks, strategies and goals.
- Developments in Security Labels and Tags
- Information Security Theory and Practices. Smart Devices, Convergence and Next Generation Networks: Second IFIP WG 11.2 International Workshop, WISTP 2008, Seville, Spain, May 13-16, 2008. Proceedings
- Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centered Systems XXXI: Special Issue on Data and Security Engineering
- Security for Web Services and Service-Oriented Architectures
- Insurgency and Counterinsurgency in Iraq (Occasional Paper)
- Exploiting Software: How To Break Code
Additional info for Data and Applications Security XXIII: 23rd Annual IFIP WG 11.3 Working Conference, Montreal, Canada, July 12-15, 2009. Proceedings
Similarly, the second literal is the view predicate view employees(’alice’, Name, Addr, , , Optin). The view view employees is added to the FROM clause list and given an alias e. User = ’alice’ is added to the WHERE clause list. Optin, respectively, all of which are added to the list of variable bindings. The don’t-care symbols (underscores) are ignored, since they impose no conditions on the values in the view. The third literal is the built-in predicate =(Optin, ’true’). Optin = ’true’ to the WHERE clause list.
1. Threat Tree Forest An Approach to Security Policy Conﬁguration 3 37 Semantic Threat Graphs A semantic threat graph is an extended threat tree that addresses the issues discussed in Section 2. A semantic threat graph can be deﬁned as a graph that represents the semantics (meaning) of a threat domain. Intuitively, a semantic threat graph makes explicit the information that is typically implicit in a threat tree. Figure 2 provides a model of the components in a semantic threat graph and Figure 3 depicts an instantiation of this model for the threat tree example in the previous section.
Unintended access from the tier-1 through the dataNAC may be considered to have less of a threat impact if one can guarantee that ﬁrewalls upstream apply more restrictive port-forwarding controls. However, and in keeping with the defense-in-depth approach, countermeasure cntrsshT ier1Gen should be reﬁned to have a more restrictive access policy. Analysis of security policy conﬁguration is performed using the Semantic Web Rule Language SWRL . SWRL complements DL providing the ability to infer additional information from DL constrained ontologies.
Data and Applications Security XXIII: 23rd Annual IFIP WG 11.3 Working Conference, Montreal, Canada, July 12-15, 2009. Proceedings by Joachim Biskup, Jens Seiler, Torben Weibert (auth.), Ehud Gudes, Jaideep Vaidya (eds.)